Being miserable at work is easy, being happy takes a lot more work! Here are some surefire ways to be unhappy!
- Don't take lunch or any breaks
- Arrive early, stay late
- Add emotion into everything you do
- Take everything personally
- Shut out others by being bi-polar
- Slack off then cram at the last second
- Concentrate on how you're treated unfairly
- Find out what your co-workers earn a year
- Complain about everyone and everything
- Concentrate on your failing health
- Eat heavy, fatty, salty foods for lunch
- Load up on caffeine...then crash
- Think that you're the only capable one
- Watch the clock
- Dread meetings to the point of rage
- Have conversations in your head
- Don't be creative or question anything
- Take shallow and short breaths
- Tell yourself you're stuck
Subscribe now. Over the coming weeks we'll pick apart the list and look at why each item is a problem and what you can do to avoid workplace misery. And of course, there are a million other ways to be miserable at work. Tell us how by leaving a comment below!
And if you need a happy fix, you eternal optimist, check out our list of 9 Positive Items for Your Desk.