To place the word incredible in front of any objective is in itself a productivity hack, as it helps you visualise the outstanding performance you are expecting from that particular piece of advice. Productivity hack tips are basically built around finance because we actually live to create more money so that our lives can be easier and more enjoyable. The trade off is a certain amount of work for a certain amount of return. The secret is in getting the balance right, therefore to give you seven incredible productivity hacks they will each have to have some degree of special importance that will assist you with reaching your financial goals that much easier and faster. The following tips can help you do just that:
- Remain Passionate. This is placed at number one because if you are not passionate about what you are doing you won’t get far with your aims of increasing your productivity. Passion drives you like nothing else. It will be your driving force and when you are passionate about what you are doing you will be less likely to get bored and allow your thoughts to wander off to something else. Without a very high level of passion about what you are trying to achieve your finance aims will be unlikely to be met.
- Concentrate Your Work Effort to When You Are Most Productive. We are all different, therefore what suits one of us best may not be so true for another. If you find you do your best work in the mornings then concentrate your main work effort to that time of day. Get up early and start work while you are being left alone. You will find by doing this you will finish earlier and have more quality time with your family and friends in the afternoons. Then of course if you are not a morning person and you find you do your best work at night after everybody else has retired, go for it. It will depend on your own habits and lifestyle but either way concentrate your biggest work effort to the time of day you find suits you best but still leaves you enough time to enjoy life.
- Complete Your Hard Tasks First. Never give in to the temptation of putting the hard tasks off until later. Line the hardest up and get into them first, every time. If it doesn’t need doing don’t do it, but don’t become a shuffler by putting things off with the intention of doing them later in the day. Get them out of the way immediately and everything will fall into place that much easier later on. This is much the same as doing the important things first. It’s all about prioritising and not procrastinating. If it’s important, do it now because you have no way of knowing what’s going to come up later in the day. If all the important and hard stuff is finished it won’t matter what unexpected surprises accost you later.
- Cut Back on Meetings. Meetings have become the curse of the modern day businessperson. So much other, more productive work could be getting done while you are tied up attending meeting after meeting. Some meetings you will have to attend but for every one of these there will be three you could avoid. Delegate, or ask for the minutes to be passed on to you, where possible. But don’t allow yourself to be tied up in meetings where they can be avoided.
- Don’t Do Unnecessary Work. If you find you are doing work that either doesn’t have to be done, or can be done by somebody else, don’t do it. Concentrate on the work you have to do and go about getting it done, but don’t load yourself up with unnecessary work. If you do, everything else will be affected. Your productivity will slow and your output will suffer accordingly so outsource those tasks you don’t need to do yourself.
- Become an Early Riser. Even if you prefer to work late into the night. Don’t compensate for this by sleeping in. Work towards becoming an early riser, even if it only means a morning walk, time to read the papers or checking your emails. By getting an early start each day you will give yourself a lot more wriggle time to get other things done. A person who sleeps in is always playing catch up and finding there is not enough time in the day to get everything done.
- Reduce Your Information Intake. It is not necessary to read all the morning papers, either online or otherwise. You don’t have to keep checking back on News24. By all means keep yourself informed but not on a continuous basis. By cutting back on your reading time you will find you release a lot more time to be productive.
By following these seven productivity hacks you will find you will soon be well on the way to increasing your earning potential as well as giving yourself more time to enjoy life.