There are few hurdles that both brick and mortar stores and eCommerce sites have to cross in order to become successful. The largest of the common hurdles is marketing. It doesn’t matter if you are having a bake sale or are trying to profit from your creative clothing designs, marketing is essential to your success. Potential website visitors need to know that you exist and where they can find you in order to become your customers.
Creating an Eye Catching Website
Prior to your first batch of product going into production, it is important to understand how to market a product online. After all, even the most impressive product ever will not turn a profit, if nobody can find it.
One of the most important aspects to consider for your online marketing plan is the design and functionality of your company’s website. It is after all the page you want potential clients to find when they search for your type of product or service. Designing a successful eCommerce page combines some of the elements of a fun personal website with the design elements of a store front window. It should be fun and informative at the same time.
There are some important behind the scenes questions any eCommerce business should keep in mind when designing a website.
- Who is going to host it? The visible design elements of your future online home may already be coming together to form a successful picture. However, prior to that picture coming to life, it is important to find a reliable source who can host it. When considering a web host you may want to look through a few different options, unless you have an already established relationship with one. You want a host that will be easy for you to work with, but reliable enough to keep your site online at all times. Any down time is the time when potential profit may be lost, so it is important the host can support your needs at all times. Another factor to consider when narrowing down the list is cost, according to lifehacker.com.
- How do you create a memorable experience for my website visitors, whether it’s the first time or they are repeat customers? As the visual aspects of your website begin to form in your mind, keep a potential customer in mind, according to Business Insider. During the design phase, ask a trusted third party to look over the website through the eyes of a potential visitor to see if it is easy to use and engaging. Listen to their feedback. If changes are needed, make them. It is always better to find out an idea may need a little reshaping while the website is not yet live, rather than realizing there is a mistake after the launch.
Every company is different in terms of their targeted demographic, so you may need to modify this list to suit your needs. These basic questions are also important to keep in mind once the website goes live. A successful website is one that stays fresh and well maintained.
The impact of social media has continued to grow exponentially. Not only is this platform now the easiest way to alert your friends as to your plans for the day or receive breaking news, it is also an extremely important business tool. Every day millions of people log in to these sites, and you want to make sure your business taps into that.
When designing your social media presence there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Social media connects you to the world.
- Make it visual. Users on social media sites are constantly inundated with things to check out, whether from their friends or a business. Think of social media as a huge poster board for your company. You want your presence to stand out and visually stimulate anyone who sees it, according to Yahoo Small Business.
- Keep it fresh. Change your images and messages as needed to keep the freshest information in users minds. This is especially important if you are running a special promotion.
The number of smartphone users continues to grow by the day. As these phones offer more capabilities to their users, they will begin to turn away from the traditional Internet. This does not mean you have to lose a potential client though. Instead, create a mobile app that will allow them to see you on the go. Designing your app is a lot like designing your website. You want to keep it clean, easy to use, fun and safe, according to Entrepreneur.
Standing out above the ever-growing crowd on the Internet takes time. However, with a strong foundation and hard work, it can be done. Choose your platforms and announce your presence to the world.